Friday, July 19, 2013



The article, “The Top Ten Things I Will MissAbout Rick Perry” written by Cindy Casares, is an article that actually pokes fun of the governor of Texas, Rick Perry. When you look at the title, one may think this article is about the praising of the governor for his many years as governor, (whom he just announced his leaving of office on July 19, 2013). But, in this article you will find the author jokingly giving actual facts about the soon to be former governor.

In this article, the author uses sarcastic humor. Although, the article is funny, it is also quite informative. I believe anyone who has no idea or clue as to what Rick Perry has done, or who he is as a person, should read and watch the videos provided in the article Casares has written. Casares did an extraordinary job at making the argument that Rick Perry was not fit to be the governor of Texas in the first place.

Although, I would like to agree with the entire article, one thing that I did not like was the author’s mocking of Perry’s proclaiming that he’s a Christian. As a Christian myself, I liked how he was not ashamed to profess his beliefs to the world. One thing I can agree with the author on though, was the fact that he took his beliefs a little too far, when he briefly brought up his views in regards to gay people. My belief is that we should love everyone, and gays should have rights. Other than that, I believe Casares did an amazing job, on the examining of Rick Perry as a person and governor.

Casares’ targeted audience I believe is every Texan, young or old. It is targeted to everyone, because every Texan was affected by this, solely because Rick Perry has been our governor for over a decade! I also believe Casares did an amazing job at providing valid and hilarious reasons as to why she and others should be celebrating the departure of Perry from the governor’s position.

One thing that should be noted is the credibility of Casares. She is a very credible person. She has many accomplishments under her belt, which include: being a columnist for the Texas Observer, editor of a blog called Guanabee Meida, the holder of a master’s degree, and has even spent ten years in New York City as an advertising copywriter. With the list of accomplishments which doesn't seem to cease, I find her to be a very reputable source. Furthermore, while I find her to be a very intelligent woman, she still offers readers an easy and understandable view into the world of politics, which I admire. With her article piece on Rick Perry, she allows any and everyone who is interested, a chance to be a part of the political world.


No comments:

Post a Comment